Virtual Running Safety Tips
- We ask all runners to please be aware of your surroundings and use crosswalks when crossing roads and look both ways. Obey normal traffic laws.
- Plan for your run. Water fountains or sources may not be available along your route so please come prepared. If you are planning to run the marathon, please bring your choice of salty snack.
- Bring ID in case of an emergency.
- Notify someone when you start your run and then when you are done. Let them know where you are running.
- If listening to music only use one earbud and leave your other ear open to listen for potential hazards.
- Check the weather for the time you plan on running.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing.
- Call 911 with any emergency right away.
- Lastly and most importantly, use common sense and listen to your body — don’t overdo it.
The St. Luke’s Via Marathon is not responsible for your safety while running virtually. We suggest that all runners follow recommendations as provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help slow the spread of COVID-19.