What Do My Donation Dollars Do?
We all want the same things from life; a great job in a great community and plenty of friends with whom we share the experience. For people with disabilities, these life goals can be challenging. Via works every day to help people achieve this reality. The money you raise helps Via provide leadership, support, opportunities and resources for people with disabilities so that they may be independent, productive and enjoy full lives within the community. Learn more about Via’s programs.
Here’s a sample of what your fundraising dollars can do:
- $1,000 helps underwrite one month of job coaching to help an individual with a disability find a job in our community.
- $500 provides a week of career exploration and fun for a teen with a disability in Via’s Teen Summer Experience.
- $250 helps underwrite 3 ½ hours of physical, occupational or speech therapy for a child.
- $125 provides three adults the opportunity to connect to their community by participating in a recreational activity like watching a ball game, going to dinner or catching a movie with friends.
- $25 buys a special switch used to adapt toys and allows a child with disabilities to play independently.
Hundreds of people rely on Via every day, so they can be independent, productive and enjoy full lives within the community. With your help, Via will continue to provide a future and create success every day for the child and adults we serve. Every gift, no matter the size, makes a great difference. Thank you for your support.