Top 10 Reasons to Walk or Run
We all want the same things from life; a great job in a great community and plenty of friends with whom we share the experience. For people with disabilities, these life goals can be challenging. Via works every day to help people achieve this reality.
For more than 55 years, the dedicated and committed care providers at Via work to help children overcome developmental delays, help young adults find meaningful and sustainable jobs and provide the resources and opportunities so people with disabilities may lead activity and enjoyable lives right in their own community. Learn more about Via's programs.
Because it feels good knowing you can make a difference.
Help provide a real pay check and a job in our community and change the life of a woman who has spent years in a sheltered workshop.
Share the success of a young man achieving his goals of furthering his education beyond high school and pursuing his dreams of a career.
- Walking or running for Via makes you part of something greater than yourself.
- Children in childcare centers across the Lehigh Valley will understand better than their parents that a child with a disability is a friend, just like all their friends.
- Some people can't walk in the Via Walk, but you can.
- Help a man who has lived with his aging parents, suddenly and wonderfully find a place to live in the community and friends to share his life.
- Bring hope to a mother whose son has been diagnosed with a disability when she hears what Via Early Intervention services can provide for her and her son.
- Help build a stronger community, a community that provides opportunities for children and adults of all ability levels, a community that provides resources to help people live, work and connect in their neighborhoods, and a community that embraces all of its members.
- Walk or Run for Taren, Roman, Matt and Gracie.