Come Out & Cheer the Runners On!
• Much of the Marathon, Half Marathon and Team Relay course is run on the Lehigh River Canal Towpath. The best place for spectators is at exchanges points along the course. Go to Travel & Lodging for driving directions to the exchange points. The times listed below are approximate times runners will pass through each exchange.
Start – Marathon/Team Relay
- Lehigh Valley Hospital, Cedar Crest & I-78 | Allentown, PA
- 6:35 to 7:10 am
- Parkettes, Martin Luther King Drive & S. 4th Street | Allentown, PA
- 7:20 to 8:15 am
Start – Half Marathon
- Main Street & West Walnut Street | Bethlehem, PA
- 6:35 to 7:10 am
- The Wooden Match Restaurant, Main & Lehigh Streets | Bethlehem, PA
- 7 to 7:25 am (Half Marathon Runners)
- 8:00 to 10:15 am (Marathon & Relay Runners)
- Canal Park, Main Street & Lockhouse Road | Freemansburg, PA
- Due to high runner traffic and limited parking, it is suggested that spectators skip this spectator spot and go directly to Riverview Park.
- Riverview Park, Lehigh Drive | Palmer Township, PA
- 8:30 to 9:15 am (Half Marathon Runners)
- 8:55 to 11:15 am (Marathon & Relay Runners)
- Scott Park, Larry Holmes Drive | Easton, PA
- 8:50 to 11:15 am (Half Marathon Runners)
- 9:15 am to 12 pm (Marathon & Relay Runners)
There will be live music and vendors at the finish line to keep spectators entertained. In addition, spectators should follow these general tips:
- This course uses open areas and public roads. As a result, it is important that spectators be conscious of their surroundings and be careful not to interfere with the athletes during the race.
- Follow instructions from all Race Staff, volunteers and public safety officers.
- Do not at any time, enter the race course.
- Be aware of areas Off Limits to spectators.
- Do NOT lean or push on fencing.
- Always look both ways and behind you before crossing or changing direction.
- Racers have the right of way. Spectators MUST yield to racers in progress.
- Know your athlete’s bib number, start time and estimated finish time.
- Have a plan to meet up with your athlete at conclusion of race
- Leave plenty of travel time. Expect heavy traffic into Race Sites and/or Parking Areas.